May 1st is almost here, and all those lovely individuals who took on the Green Smoothie Challenge last April are now 3 days away from the finish line. Though I’ll bet most if not all of them aren’t going to stop because they’ve already established a healthy daily habit that they will most definitely continue because the benefits are undeniable and you feel them almost immediately.
I haven’t even started with the personal challenge I set to begin on May 1st but since my “breaking-in” I’ve already experience a handful of benefits that makes me understand why so many have made a lifestyle out of these lovely Green Smoothies.
I started having one Green Smoothie daily since around March 18th. This is when I officially started all my experimenting.
Since then, here are some of the Observations I’ve made:
- My cravings for unhealthy foods has gone down significantly and I find myself craving for healthy foods like vegetables and fruits. (I watched a movie with my partner yesterday and I bought a pack of pre-cut Honey Dew Melon for us to snack on during the movie. I personally thought that was great and it made me really happy.)
- I’ve been drinking a lot less coffee and a lot more tea. For some reason, I feel the need to drink more water and keep hydrated. I’ve noticed that I HAVE to finish my glass of water. And because I know that coffee can dehydrate you. I’ve been consciously having less of it. Don’t get me wrong, I adore coffee but lately it has become less necessary.
- My energy levels are higher and I stay full for longer. If I have a Green Smoothie for breakfast(6:30 am), I can go all the way till lunch (12 noon) without craving or snacking. Also, I’ve been sleeping a lot earlier and the sleep has been good. :)
- My skin feels and looks better. I started noticing this most in the last couple of days. Lately my skin has a healthier tone/color to it which I suspect comes from the raw powers of all the beautiful vegetables. A good friend of mine commented on it yesterday as well so I guess it isn’t just my imagination. She plans to join me this May 1 too!
- Easier movement. Since starting I’ve noticed a significant improvement in my digestions. I’ve been able to move easier daily and to me this is very important. It has normalized and the relief feels wonderful.
- There is this all-around desire to live a healthier lifestyle. Not that I was not already into it before, but I suddenly have this need to support healthier things like eco-friendly / organic products, use herbal personal care products more, remove meat from my diet and live by natural healing. (Yesterday, my partner and I were shopping for a gift for his month and I made sure I got her something practical, locally made and organic. Paul got his mom a healing crystal bracelet. :))
- I simply feel happier and healthier. No joke. And I just want to infect everyone with this happy, healthy bug! hehe
I’m telling you, these Green Smoothies are amazing and in 3 days I am going full force. I can’t wait to document everyday and share the experience with you. Hit me up if you want to join in! We can trade recipes and tips and observations and all the other lovely things that come with these Green concoctions.
I’m so excited! :)
This is a photo of a Green Smoothie I made for Aym, my really good friend since pre-school. She wanted to see what it was all about and her comment after trying it was “Smoothielicious! ;)”
- Red Beets
- Cucmber w/ the skin on
- Frozen Banana
- half a cup of whole milk
- 1 packet of Stevia Natural Sweetener